Back in January I had visions of replacing our mailbox this spring. It was never intended to be permanent, we installed it while we were building our home to have a way of receiving our mail. Now, it's nearly 8 years later! What can I say? We've been busy! Actually, it just kinda got pushed to the back burner, then eventually forgotten. So, anyway, it was finally moving it's way to the front burner again. I was on Pinterest trying to get some ideas and looking at Lowe's website getting some prices. I was looking forward to getting to work on it...in the spring. You know, when it's nice and pretty outside. But then, in early February, someone ran over our mailbox!
I don't mean they bumped into it. It was completely ran over. Flattened. Has to be replaced! Fortunately, Hubs was able to beat it into shape until we could get a new one.
Based on that pic, do you think its time to replace? The door will actually close. If you slam it shut, which only serves to loosen it more in the ground. Thankfully we recently resubscribed to the newspaper, otherwise I fear the box would already be on the ground!
So, weekend before last, we managed to install a new mailbox. I love our new box! It looks so much nicer, and it stands up straight! And it closes! What more could one ask for? Although, it was not quite as easy as we had planned. Lowe's did not have the post in stock that we (read I) wanted and it was going to take 2 weeks for it to be delivered, so we had to work with what we could get. The post we bought had a planter on the back, which I did not want. It did not have a newspaper holder, which I did want. So, guess what! The planter in the back became a newspaper holder in the front! What seemed like a minor modification turned into quite a job, but it's done and I love it! Quite an improvement over the pititful, leaning box!
I still want to add a nice flower bed around it, but that will wait for warmer days!


No comments:
Post a Comment