My best childhood memories come from times spent with my grandparents. Every summer they would take me and my cousins camping for a week. The day after Thanksgiving we would all load up and go to Nashville to go shopping for the day. (I was young then, but I don't think it was as crazy then as it is now!) Did I mention there were six of us cousins ranging in ages by about a 7 year spread? We had some great times that created really great memories. I wish every child could have grandparents as good as mine. They not only had a great time with us, but they also set good examples for us. I can't remember a time when they were not involved in church. They were always considerate to everyone they met and were respected by all who have known them.
Today would have been my grandmother's 87th birthday. Unfortunately, we lost her a little more than three years ago. She was a great lady, an awesome cook, and one of the best grandmas anyone could have. She had five children, one of which was waiting for her in heaven when she arrived. She had ten grandchildren (some were added after those camping days!) one of which also was waiting for her in heaven. When she passed, she had four great children, but within a year of her passing three more would be added, with two more expected this year!
She was truly a blessing to our family and is dearly missed.
 |
| Grandma with B |
Happy birthday, Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment