I have struggled for years with the guilt that comes at the end of my day. If you are a parent, you know the guilt I refer to. There are days that feel like all I have done is fuss and get on to my kids. Satan loves to tell me that if I were a better mom I wouldn't be fussing so much. This used to really get me down. Okay, truth is, it still does. But when I tell Satan to leave me alone, and I listen to God's word, I hear the truth. The truth is, that is my job! I am the mom and that is how my kids learn. My job is to train them up in the way they should go. It is in their nature to test the limits and even blatantly defy me. (Does this sound like our relationship with God?) It can be exhausting to be constantly reinforcing the limits to my children, but it is important. And, hopefully, the older they get the easier it will become. That is the point of my job, right? To put myself out of a job. To make them less dependent on me and more dependent on God.
So, to Satan, get behind me. I have a job to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment