Have you ever been on the phone talking, then you hear it? Or, you're cleaning the house with the news on in the background when something catches your ear. You're really trying to listen to what they are saying when you hear it. "Mom!......Mom!.....Mooooommmmm!" How do they know? You can be totally available for hours and they need nothing from you. You can spend your day cleaning, or browsing the internet, whatever. But as soon as you are distracted, there they are. They need something and they need. it. now!
But then you have the cutest little conversation with them, like I had tonight with C as I was putting him to bed. I asked him where God lives. After thinking for a second he said, "in a castle!"
Me: Where is the castle?
He has no answer, so I help him with "heaven"
Me: Where is heaven?
C: In the road!
Me: What road?
C (as he's holding up 1 finger): This one!
OK, so I'm not really sure what that meant, but it was stinkin' cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment